The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), is going to conduct a webinar on the landscape of sports post COVID-19 on June 3, 2020 at 4:00 PM. The webinar will be available to watch free of cost to everyone on FICCI’s Youtube Channel at the mentioned time.
The webinar, titled ‘Sporting Events: Embracing the New Normal” will have key personnel from various fields of sports. They are going to come together and deliberate on the evolution of sports during the pandemic.
The figures involved with this webinar are:
- Vishal Kumar Dev, Commissioner-cum-Secretary, Sports and Tourism, Government of Odisha;
- Narinder Batra, President, Indian Olympic Association;
- Anil Kumble, Head of ICC Cricket Committee;
- Peer Naubert, Head of Global Marketing of German football league, Bundesliga;
- Venky Mysore, CEO of Knight Riders sports;
- Mustafa Ghouse, CEO of JSW Sports
- Dilip Chenoy, Secretary General, FICCI
- Sanjog Gupta, Chairman, FICCI Sports Committee
- Anant Tyagi as the moderator
The lineup is a who’s who of some of the most influential policymakers, organizers and investors in the sporting fraternity.
While Coronavirus has brought a halt to all activities, sports is one of the industries that has suffered the most. It directly and indirectly supports many jobs which has caused concerned authorities to give sports a go ahead without spectators.
Therefore, with Coronavirus showing no signs of abating, fans have had to get used to the new normal of sports in the ‘COVID world’ where the stadiums will be devoid of the emotions that only a live crowd can generate. To hear the opinions of such top decision makers should be interesting as the whole of the sports industry takes its first steps into the large and unknown terrain of an extended period of games being played behind closed doors.
Date: June 3, 2020
Time: 4:00 PM
Where to Watch: FICCI Youtube Channel, Link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZDnqXDO73s