The pandemic halted all the economic activities in the entire country and it immensely impacted the sports ecosystem in India. All the sporting events were postponed and with no sporting activities happening many people lost their jobs.
But slowly things are moving in a positive direction and with unlocking process starting in many places. Many sports organizations are also taking the necessary steps to bring sports back to normalcy.
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is also taking necessary steps to start cricket operations in India and following that, they have started hiring people.
Currently, they are looking to hire 8 staffs as General Manager – Game Development and the main role is that the individuals will be responsible for cricket operations and management of domestic cricket.
The individual will be directly reporting to the CEO or BCCI Office Bearers.
The operating environment is based out of Mumbai and some of the key accountabilities of this role are: –
- Supporting the Chief Executive Officer to deliver on BCCI’s vision and strategy.
- Give strategic direction to the cricket operations department.
- Develop position papers on all cricket related matters.
- Implement the strategic and operational plans of the department.
- Determine and oversee the departmental budget.
- Determine and monitor the compliance of the following for domestic cricket:
• The Match Playing Regulations
• Standards of venues, including pitches and outfields
• Administration of the Domestic Tours Program (“DTP”).
- Selection and appointment of match officials (umpires and referees) for cricket matches Monitor the delivery of operational support to match officials. •
- To handle such other responsibilities as may be allotted by the CEO, BCCI and the Office Bearers.
The person hired for this role will be communicating and working with
External stakeholders like Fans, State Associations, Broadcasters, Media, National Teams and Equipment Suppliers
Internal Stakeholders like BCCI Office Bearers, CEO-BCCI, Cricket Committee, Women’s Committee, Management Team and Staff
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate qualification – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- Should be less than 55 years of age.
- Sports administration/cricket events management experience of not less than 10 years.
- Senior management experience of not less than 10 years with a successful track record.
- Experience of leading a multi-cultural team.
- People Management – ability to work with and relate to people from different cultures
- Teamwork – Work collaboratively with others to achieve business and department objectives
- Problem Solving – Ability to present solutions make the best decision under pressure
- Communication – Excellent written and oral communication in the English language including report writing skills
- Customer Focus – Concern for the perceptions of external & internal stakeholders
- Must be capable of maintaining a balance between transparency, wherever expected and confidentiality, wherever essential.
Interested people can go-ahead for this position. This is a great opportunity to work with BCCI and utilise the sporting experience to make the cricket operations function better.
Applications should be submitted by 6 PM IST on 7 August 2020 at email@example.com