Abu Dhabi T10 returns to action at the Zayed Cricket Stadium on January 28 with the defending champions Maratha Arabians taking on the Northern Warriors in a mouth-watering season opener. The 28 January – 1st February match schedule is as follows;
- Maratha vs Northern Warriors
- Pune Devils vs Deccan Gladiators
- Delhi Bulls vs Bangla Tigers
- Pune Devils vs Qalandars
- Maratha Arabians vs Delhi Bulls
- Deccan Gladiators vs Team Abu Dhabi
- Bangla Tigers vs Maratha Arabians
- Team Abu Dhabi vs Qalandars
- Northern Warriors vs Delhi Bulls
- Team Abu Dhabi vs Pune Devils
- Bangla Tigers vs Northern Warriors
- Qalandars vs Deccan Gladiators
In a format that is brimming with action right from the word go, there will be;
- Three high-octane 10-over matches of international cricket per night
- 29 matches over the duration of the 10-day schedule
- 43 total hours of international cricket
- 66 international players on show every night of the tournament.
“Abu Dhabi T10 is the fastest action packed format and the future of cricket. I am pleased to announce yet another exciting season 4 tournament schedule “ said Shaji Ul-Mulk, Chairman – Ten Sports Management. “We have the world’s best cricketers on show – from West Indian superstars Chris Gayle and Dwayne ‘DJ’ Bravo to Pakistani legends Shahid Afridi and Shoaib Malik – who all attest to its appeal and to how cricket is quickly evolving.”
This season there are eight teams divided into two groups. The teams will play three matches each in the group stage before heading into the Super League on February 1. A total of 12 matches in the group stage, followed by 12 more in the Super League, will give way to the playoffs from February 5.
The top two ranked teams will take on each other in the Qualifier for a place in the final, while the third and fourth-ranked teams will be up against each other in Eliminator 1 on February 5. Thereafter the runner-up in the Qualifier will play against the winner of Eliminator 1 in Eliminator 2 for a place in the final on the same day.
The third-place match and the grand final will be held on February 6.
The Maratha Arabians, Bangla Tigers, Delhi Bulls, and Northern Warriors will battle it out in Group A, while last season’s finalists Deccan Gladiators will be up against Qalandars, Team Abu Dhabi and Pune Devils in Group B. The teams were assigned their respective groups through a Team Draw in December.
Universe Boss Chris Gayle will take the pitch for home favourites Team Abu Dhabi on January 29, while globe-trotting allrounder Andre Russell will don the Northern Warriors’ jersey on the opening day. Sri Lankan star Isuru Udana will also be seen in action for Bangla Tigers.